Position: Programmer( Web & Software) or back end developer at VTC
Location: Head Office , Douala
Department: Product Development & Support:
We are looking for a skilled Programmer( Web & Software) or back end developer to join our company. You’ll be responsible for designing, coding and improving our company solutions especially programs and applications.
As a Programmer( Web & Software), you should write clean code to ensure our programs run properly and address our company and client’s needs. If you’re passionate about building web & software and perform well working in a team, along with developers, engineers and web designers, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to convert our company needs in functional and user-friendly simple websites, web apps and software programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prioritize and work on projects along with performing day-to-day responsibilities of the department
- Be detailed oriented, independent and a strong team player
- Website redesign and other web/digital projects with the focus on front end work
- Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance for web properties, existing applications and
- troubleshooting critical problems quickly and efficiently
- Gathering requirements from management to prepare clearly written design specifications, delivering
- robust technical solutions
- Evaluate and recommend changes for improvements, confer with management of development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Working from complex and demanding product specifications to deliver well-designed applications and
- features that meet or exceed requirements
- Accurately estimating technical effort required to deliver assigned tasks and deliver as promised
- Communicating clearly with team members to gather requirements, ensuring goals are aligned and
- deliverables meet or exceed business expectations.
- Produce fully functional programs writing clean, testable code
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify system requirements
- Integrate back-end data
- Design user interface and web layout using HTML/CSS practices
- Upgrade and repair existing programs
- Perform periodical tests and debugging to maximize program efficiency
- Create technical documentation for user support
- Suggest new features to improve program navigation and operation
- Follow security principles
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments
- Bachelor of Science required with a minimum of 3+ years of experience building web, mobile and software applications or equivalent using an MVC framework.
- Strong background/experience in Object Oriented Programming languages.
- Experience with social media, third-party libraries, Content Management Systems and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full Web Application Development Frameworks.
- Code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment
- Experience designing and developing advanced applications for disparate platform while collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features
- Experience with unit testing the code for robustness, usability and general reliability
- Experience fixing bugs and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Willingness to share and explore with the team to keep the ideas and information flowing.
- Comfort with self-sufficiency, ambiguity and changing priorities while still writing quality code.
- Experience in creating functional and technical specifications documents
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, demanding and challenging business environment
- Proven work experience as Web programmer or developer
- Familiarity working with HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills within a fast-paced work environment
- An ability to communicate and work in a team
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in the healthcare space with Electronic Medical Record systems, HL7 Standards, and HIPAA compliance.
- Experience working in a rapid Agile environment, contributing equally to team projects or working individually on multiple parallel product versions
- Experience in Source Control Systems like VSS, CVS, TFS etc
- Salary: 300,000 Frs
- Transport & Housing:
- Further Trainings: IT Certifications offer by company AWS, ITIL, DMI, etc.