Located in Akwa Douala and reporting to VTC Cameroon's head of Management & Strategy, the Senior developer shall be head of Technology & Design.
VTC Cameroon Senior Web/Mobile Developer is a full-time position that participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and consistently delivers business value to our clients.
VTC Cameroon Senior Web/Mobile Developer advances best practices, and helps set direction for the technical aspects of our practice, specifically web and mobile development.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the web and higher education and is a champion for web and mobile technologies (websites, web applications, mobile apps, software,etc. etc.).
• Collaborates effectively with creative team and web designers during the creative process.
• Provides technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on all client projects. Oversees employee, freelance web developers and partner web developers, ensures technical solutions are properly architected and specified, and reviews all code for quality assurance purposes.
• In partnership with technical leads, helps set direction for our technology practice.
• Leads and advances our growing technology
• Responsible for various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance engagements. Partners with project managers and other web developers to successfully manage these client relationships.
Client Management Responsibilities:
• Understands each client’s needs, goals and objectives.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Delivers training to client personnel of various skill levels and technical capabilities.
• Turns design and user interface mockups into functional websites powered by CMS like joomla, drupal, wordpress, etc.
• In a hands-on fashion, ensures all technology solutions are properly architected and specified.
• Ensures HTML/CSS is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements.
• Integrates websites with existing applications on intranet or third-party/open-source platforms.
• Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to tactfully communicate difficult/sensitive information.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, good altitidute, respect for authority, etc.
• Elicits cooperation from a variety of sources including Visionary Technology™ Company management and client team members.
• Comfortable using teleconferencing and web-based technology to communicate with our clients.
• Helps team members progress toward their professional development goals.
• Defines and disseminates technology best practices.
• Ensures we are proactive in our pursuit of new solutions and innovation within our technology practice.
• Advances the firm’s thought leadership, specifically around web technologies, via the VTC Cameroon’s blog, social media outlets and industry events and conferences.
Requirements, Skills, Qualifications, and Assets:
• University diploma in Computer Science Studies or Equivalent Certificate and relevant work experience.
• A minimum of 1 years of experience in web design or web development services, ideally as a consultant or in a consulting company.
• Hardworking, honest, enthusiastic, and flexible; takes accountability seriously and possesses high integrity and professionalism.
• Proven ability to consistently deliver technology projects on time, on budget with high quality results and satisfied clients.
• Confident in consulting with clients on what it takes to be successful on the web.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
• Insanely curious and energetic about the future of the web.
• Proficient in joomla site development including custom module development, contributed and core modules.
• Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Joomla! Modules and sites.
• Involvement in and contribution to the Joomla! Community ideally.
• Ability to work full time in our office in Douala.
• Familiar with each layer in the LAMP stack from application architecture and system infrastructure points of view; knowledgeable and experienced in PHP and MySQL programming.
• Comfortable integrating websites with other web applications and systems, both commercial and open source.
• Proficient in HTML/CSS, and client-side scripting libraries. Understands what it takes to develop pixel-perfect HTML that is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements.
• Very knowledgeable in the area of web content management systems; experience with multiple systems. I.e. Can develop professional web applications using any CMS and Ecommerce platforms including joomla!, WordPress, prestashop, magento etc.
• Understands web trends, including social media integration and the impact of the growth of mobile/tablet browsing.
• Versatile; comfortable performing a variety of roles and tasks within the company (examples include: development, technical leadership, training, requirements analysis).
• Strong written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences at different levels and with different backgrounds.
• Demonstrates accountability; owns outcomes and results, prioritizes tasks, and consistently meets deadlines.
• Thrives on learning and learns quickly. Dedicated to self-improvement and professional development. Takes advantage of various resources to self-educate.
• Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision. Equally skilled at working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and challenges.
• Comfortable using Windows, Apple Mac computer for all aspects of the position.
• Actively contributes ideas to professional communities via social media and other outlets. Examples include: blogging, tweeting, webinars, and conference presentations.
• Previous experience in consulting/professional services.
• Previous experience in website development, mobile application and software development projects; familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
• Familiarity with software requirements analysis and IT project management best practices.
Lines of communication
• VTC Cameroon Senior Web/Mobile Developer shall report directly to the head of Management and Operations.
• The position is full time. Shall start with 3-months probation period.
• Working days shall be Monday to Saturday (8am – 5:30pm). In the absence of any urgent tasks, work on Saturday would finish at midday.
• Travel will be required for project intake meetings, client training sessions, internal company meetings, industry conferences and professional development activities.
Estimate one trip per month on average, each lasting one to two days.
• 150,000 XAF– 300,000 XAF in base salary depending on experience level( Portfolio of works), Skills, Quality and speed of delivering plus bonus and exceptional benefits.
• Opportunity to make a direct impact on our business and help our clients achieve success.
31st of March 2017
How to apply
Note: VTC Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.